“Make all Urban Local Bodies Services accessible to the common man from anywhere, anytime through service delivery outlets and ensure efficiency, transparency & reliability of such services at affordable costs to realise the basic needs of the common man”
The Commissionerate of Municipal Administration has been introduced hybrid e-governance “Urban Tree Information system” for the benefit of citizens across all the Urban Local Bodies, which should, among other things ensure citizen-friendly, participatory, transparent, accountable Government. e-Governance would enable transformation of process and structures to facilitate political and socio-economic relationships, and particularly enhance commitment to democratic values and helping institutionalizing norms & practices, trusted services, just and equitable opportunities to all and integrity in carrying out governance functions. E-government would assist in empowering citizens and provide improved public service performance integrity.
The urban functionalities are categorized into 29 modules as follows.
Property Tax, Non Tax, Water Supply, Professional Tax, Under Ground Drainage, Trade License, Birth and Death Registration, Citizen Facilitation Centre, Agenda, Application Administration, Audit, Solid Waste Management, Legal Cases, File Management System, Citizen Portal, Grievances, Asset, Procurement, School Management, Hospital Management, On-line Booking of Assets, integrated Personal Management System, Building Plan Approval, Assembly Q & A, Ward Works, Vehicle Management, Accounts, Inventory, Employee Self Service,
- Web based – Integrated Solution
- Complete Work-flow based
- Account Integration with all modules
- Followed National Municipal Account Manual
- Budget based accounting
- Security ( IP Address + Login + Password + Bio-metric)
- Role – based Application
- Application available for 24×7 – High Availability
The expected project output of is to cater to various stake holders is as follows:
Benefit to the Citizens:[G2C]
- A transparent system with visible accountability from the Department
- Convenience in interaction with the Department
- To get timely services and accurate information about his queries relation to services provided and participation in matters relating to them.
- Minimum turnaround time in receiving a service
- Availability of a virtual interface (anywhere, anytime interface like internet) with the department than a physical interface
- Efficient mechanism for Grievances redressal
- Speedy disposal of appeals
- Elimination of discretionary human interface in the decision making processes while dealing with the public.
Benefit to Employees:[G2E]
- Greater transparency and accountability in the system to bring credibility to the intra-departmental processes
- Simplification of the HR and Payroll Administration of the department
- Upgrade the current software for greater user friendliness
- Strengthen the head count in the service delivery front to avoid backlog and delivery of services in front line offices
- Capacity Building of the Key Resource Persons through extensive training on Technical lines and strengthening the institutional capacity building framework
- Performance incentives for motivation of the Project Team and the Operational Team
Benefit to Government[G2G]:
- Efficient administration of internal offices procedures and department functions.
- Efficient Administration and Enforcement of Acts, Rules and Procedures
- Delivery Anywhere Anytime Services to the citizens
- Make more services available online to the citizens and business groups
- Easy and convenient mechanism for document archival, storage and retrieval
- System assisted decision making through MIS
- Make provisions for simplifications in the processes and function of the department for stakeholder benefits and administrative convenience
- Enhancement in the local bodies revenue through better collection
- Monitoring of defaulters and increasing tax net.
Business to Business Groups/Private Partners:[G2B]
- Minimum physical interface with the department. Online mechanisms to make the procedures convenient and hassle free.
- Provision of correct, updated reliable information on the performance of Municipal
- Simplified and convenient procedures for quality service delivery mechanism and payment arrangement
- Convenient ways of grievances redressal
- Speedy adjudication of disputes and disposal of cases.
Benefit to the Elected Representatives:[G2E]
- Right information on the activities of local bodies , helps better participation in decision making
- Management Information System helps as a tool to convince the public in fixing / revising the user charges and effective online grievance redressal mechanism
- Transparency in the Administration.
A unified website has been allotted and hosted to float public welfare information and management information system reports to facilitate the top officials with dynamic mode. The site is being updated then and there by Commissionerate of Municipal Administration, respective Regional offices and ULB with unique user id and password. Therefore, up to date information will be available 24×7.
The website having content management system facilities, therefore uniformed structure of information is being provided to the citizen through the website. And also social media facilities such as facebook, twitter account has been created to receive the public views and grievances then and there to respond promptly.
The core function of the UTIS software is to provide consistent services to the citizens & assesses across the globe. The database servers, application servers and SAN device of UTIS software have been hosted at Tami Nadu State Data Center, Perungudi, Chennai and disaster recovery servers also been hosted at TNSDC, Trichy. As business continuity plan is being well maintained to provide flawless services.
State Data center located @ Perungudi, Chennai
Network plays vital role in present IT world especially on IT enabled services. In this department well organized network connectivity has been established to all ULBs/Regional offices and CMA’s office in order to provide consistent services to the citizens and administration as well.