The Right to Information Act (RTI) is an Act of the Parliament of India “to provide for setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens”.
1.1 The Commissioner of Municipal Administration has appointed 24 Superintendents to the Office of the C.M.A as its Public Information Officers (PIO) to furnish the information as and when sought for by the public.
1.2 Public Information Officers (PIO)
1.3. Any person requiring information under the RTI Act on the subject matters dealt with by the Commissionerate of Municipal Administration may send his/her representation to the concerned Public Information Officers, Office of the C.M.A Chepauk, Ezhilagam Annexe, Chennai – 5.
1.4 The procedure for getting information and the fee to be paid are as mentioned below:-
- A request for obtaining information under section 6 (1) of the RTI Act shall be made in writing or through electronic means to the Public Information Officer mentioned in the above table 1.2. The request must be accompanied by a fee of ₹10/- by court fee stamp or by demand draft or banker’s cheque. The Public Information Officer shall credit the amount in to the following head of account:-
“0075.00 Miscellaneous General Services- 800. Other receipts BK. Collection of fees under Tamil Nadu Right to Information (Fees) Rules 2005” (DPC 007500 800 BK 0006)
The applicant may also remit the fee under the above head of account through Treasury / Pay and Accounts Office / State Bank of India / Reserve Bank of India and produce a photocopy of the challan to the Public Information Officer along with his / her application as evidence for having remitted the fee.
- For providing the information under section 7 (1) of the Right to Information Act (See the attached manual), the request shall be made as mentioned in 1.4 (a) on payment of fee as indicated below.
- Rupees two for each page (in A4 or A3 size paper) created or copied;
- actual charge or cost price of a copy in larger size paper
- actual cost of price for samples or models; and
- for inspection of records, no fee is charged for the first hour; and a fee of ₹5/-(five) for each fifteen minutes (or fraction thereof) thereafter.
- For providing the information under section 7(5) of the Right to Information Act, a fee as indicated below should be paid following the method of payment mentioned above.
- For information provided in diskette or floppy, ₹50/-(fifty) per diskette or floppy; and
- For information provided in printed form, at the rate of ₹2/- per page.
1.5 Persons below the poverty line need not pay the fee for getting the information under the Right to information Act, 2005. The list of persons below poverty line approved by the Gram Panchayat and local bodies will be the basis for claiming this concession. An extract of the list, duly certified, will be sufficient to avail this concession.
1.6 The Commissionerate of Municipal Administration has appointed Additional Director Of Municipal Administration, O/o The Commissioner of Municipal Administration as the Appellate Authority under section 9(1) of the Act. The contact details of the Appellate Authority is given below:-
Additional Director Of Municipal Administration
O/o The Commissionerate of Municipal Administration
Ezhilagam Annexe, Chepauk, Chennai – 600 005.
Telephone No: 28546529.
1.7 The details of all developmental activities schemes etc., implemented by the Commissionerate of Municipal Administration have been incorporated in the Website of the Commissioner of Municipal Administration for access to the public.
Click here to read the entire RTI manual http://rti.gov.in/webactrti.htm
Click here to download the RTI manual Handbook_MAWS.pdf
Click here to read the entire RTI manual http://rti.gov.in