The Government of Tamilnadu has decided its in principal that the Business of the Government is as picidly and opening with responsibility
at all levels and decided to provide to the public by all sources. Hence the Government has formulated CITIZENS CHARTER based on the
above principals the Vedaranyam Municipal and has come forwarded to present this CITIZEN’S CHARTER the public.
PURPOSES OF THIS CHARTER
to provide the services with Fast and Standard
to declare a time limit for providing the services
to upgrade the Administration by adopting opening for getting the confidences of the Consumer.
PROVIDING OF BETTER ADMINISTRATION
For the purpose of providing best civic services to the people of the town with upgraded standard and efficiency.
to discharge the civic bodies works with atmost care and honest
to provide the to civic services with special care to provide the civic services in a systematic and time Bound manner with efficiency.
Regarding providing of various Public services by this civic body in implementation, execution and maintenance of Administration of the
works relating to Public Health, Water supply, Roads, drainages and Street Lights and other services to the public are within following specified time schedule.
a) Issue of application forms for HSC’s At the information center whenever demanded on payment of Application cost Rs.50/-
b) Receipt of completed Application forms Immediately at the Citizen Facilitation Centre
c) Issue of Acknowledgement for the application -do-
d) Providing information to the public about the defects noticed if any on the application Within 7 days from the date of receipt of application
e) Issue of intimation for remittance of cheque and other dues receipts of the rectified application form Within 15 days from the receipt of corrected application.
f) Granting of House service connection 30 days (from the date of completed application form)
i) COMPLAINTS / DEFECTS IN WATER SUPPLY SERVICES:
1) Defects/repairs in Water Supply H.S.C. 7 days from the date of Complaint
2) Repair/ Burnt in Water supply pumping/Distributions 2 days from the date of complaint
3) Damages/Repairs on public fountains 2 days from the date of complaint
4) Repaired defects of India Mark II Pumps 7 days from the date of complaint
5) Pollution and Contamination of water Supply 10 days from the date of complaint
6) Change of Water supply meter 15 days from the date of complaint
7) Providing of water on the accurate of Fire accidents 24 hours at any time.
ii) SOCIAL SERVICES:
1) Providing Water supply through Lorry In 24 hours on receipt of complaint of Water supply broke town
2) Providing of water supply for Marriage and similar functions and ceremonies through Lorry 3 days advance to the date of coming function provided on payment charges of Rs.400/- per Lorry and Rs.200/- per mini Lorry
iii) ROADS AND PATHWAYS MAINTENANCE:
One the applications/petitions received at the information centre, action shall be taken as specified here under:-
a) Filling up of small holes and patches on roads/pathways
b) Attending patch works on Roads
c) Removal of objectionable encroachments and pathways
d) Replacement of underground drainage manhole covers
e) Removed of demolished building debris on road sides and public places by the owner/occupants of buildings
f) If the debris are not removed then removal
g) Granting of Road cutting of the same by the Municipality
iv) STREET LIGHTS:
1) Rectification/Repairs/replacement of Bulbs/Tubes lights at main street
2) Repairs/replacement of bulbs of interior streets
V) PUBLIC HEALTH LICENSES:
For commencing new Food and other business Trades of other nature (Sec. 249(2) of the Tamilnadu District Municipal Act 1920)
1) Issue of Application form at the information counter on request
2) Presenting the application form with remittance of required fees at the information centre along with application
3) Informing of defects found on the applications 10 days from the date of receipt of the application
4) Verification of rectified application form, remittance fees and issue of intimation 15 days from the date of receipt of verified application
5) Issue of Licenses 30 days