| Citizen Charter
FORMATION: Tamil Nadu Government has decided to issue a “CITIZEN’S CHARTER” in order to make its functions transparent, responsible and friendly. The government has issued orders directing the local bodies to frame such CITIZEN’S CHARTERS defining clear and basic principles.
AIMS OF THE CHARTER
1. To render expeditious and Quality service.
2. Fixing time schedule for rendering Civic Services.
3. To improve the transparency and efficiency of administration.
FOR EFFICIENT ADMINISTRATION
REPORT ON THE PUBLIC SERVICE OF THE MUNICIPALITY
Streamlining the local administration for the welfare of the people.
The municipal council will adopt the following guidelines for implementing its specified objective of civil services.
i. Charging for its functions honestly and justify.
ii. Special attention will be bestowed in executing the works and in performing the services.
iii. Maintenance of punctuality and efficiency.
Improved methods of planning, execution and maintenance in respect of the following items of essential Public Service.
a) Drinking Water.
b) Public Health-Solid Waste Management
d) Drains and Drainage
e) Street Lighting
STIPULATING TIME LIMITS FOR PROMPT DISCHARGE OF DUTIES.
i) Reply to letters within 15 days
ii) For various functions, the following time limits are prescribed for disposals of the issues.
(A) HOUSE SERVICE CONNECTION
1. Issue of Application: – immediately on demand.
2. Receipt of filled up application with fees: -do-
3. Acknowledgement for receipt of Application: Immediately on submission
4. If defective applications, reporting to the petitioner: 7 days
5. Intimation to remit the estimated connection charges: 15 days
6. Sanction order for House Service Connection and execution of work: 30 days (On Receipt of application)
(B) SPECIAL REQUESTS
1.Drinking Water Supply through Lorry: within 24 hour on receipt of complaints of interruption of regular Water Supply.
2. Request for water supply through Lorry for marriage and other functions: 3 to 5 days before the date of function.
(C) COMPLAINTS / GRIEVANCES
1. Repairs to House Service Connection : 7 days
2. Leakage or Repair in Main Pumping : Within 2 days
3. Complaints about pollution or unhygienic drinking water : 10 days
4. Repairs to 2 Feet India Mark Tap and Tube Well Pumps : 7 days
5. Repairs to Public Taps : 2 days
6. Replacement of defective water supply meters : 15 days
D) RECTIFICATION OF DEFECTS
1. Repair or block in Main Drainage Pipe : 7 days
2. Repair in the huge drains connection of drainage : 3 days
(E) SEPTIC TANK CLEARANCE
1. To obtain applications and to remit fees : at the Office.
2. To clear : 3 days
(F) MAINTENANCE OF ROADS AND PAVEMENTS
a, Filling up the small pot holes in roads : 15 days
b, Small Patch Works : 30 days
c, Removal of encroachments obstructing the traffic : 10 days
d, Replacement of manhole covers : 3 days
e, Removal of debris building materials by the house owner : 7 days
f, In case of failure by the house owner by the Municipality : 7 days
g, Decision on applications for road cutting : 7 days
(G) STREET LIGHTS
1. Replacing or Repairing bulbs / Tube Lights in the main roads : 2 days
2. In the interior streets : 3 days
(H) LICENSES UNDER PUBLIC HEALTH ACT
New licenses in respect of trades of non-eatable items.
1. Issue of applications : – immediately on demand.
2. Receipts of applications with fees : Then and there in the reception centre.
3. Intimation of errors or defects of the application : 7 days
4. Verification of defects rectified and intimation to remit fees : 15 days
5. Issue of Licenses : 30 days
(I) RENEWAL OF LICENSES
1. Issue of Applications : – during office hours
2. Receipt of Application / or remittance of fees : -do-
3. Issue of renewal orders : 45 days
(J) PUBLIC HEALTH AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT
1. complaints on cleaning of public places and roads : 2 days
2. Complaints about non-clearance of rubbish from dust bins : 1 day
3. Information about Cholera and other communicable diseases : within 24 hours
(K) BIRTH AND DEATH CERTIFICATES
1. Issue of certificates in respect of Births & Deaths being registered within 21 days : without fee
2. In respect of cases registered after 21 days and below 30 days : with penalty Re.1 /-
3. After a month and within a year with penalty : with penalty Rs.5/-
4. Beyond 1 year : with court orders and penalty Rs.10 /-
(L) ISSUE OF CERTIFICATES IN RESPECT OF CASES ALREADY REGISTERED
1. Issue of Applications : Immediately on demand.
2. Remittance of fees : -do-
3. Issue of certificates after search : within a day.
AA. GRANT OF BUILDING LICENSE
1. Issue of Applications and receipt of fees : Then and there in the Office.
2. Acknowledgement for the receipt of Applications : -do-
3. If any error, intimation to the applications : 7 days
4. Issue of Building License : 30 days
AB. PERMISSION FOR ADVERTISEMENT BOARDS AND HOARDING
1. Issue of forms, receipts of Application and fees : At the Office then & there
2. Acknowledgement for the receipt of Applications : -do-
3. Issue of temporary permission : 7 days
4. Intimation about errors if any : 7 days
5. After erection of boards receipts of form No 111 and fees collection : at once
6. Issue of acknowledgement : -do-
7. Issue of final permission : 15 days
8. Approval about grant or renewing license : Within 30 days on receipt of final orders of the Municipality Commissioner.
Levy of tax on advertisement boards
Levying tax will issue along with the permission to erect.
AC. PROPERTY TAX
A. ASSESSMENT OF TAX
1. To gather particulars regarding Assessment : then & there
2. Receipt of Applications for inclusion in the monthly list of Assessment : -do-
3. Orders of Levying Tax : within 15 days
B TRANSFER OF TITLES
1. Receipt of application and acknowledgement : then and there
2. Issue of orders : 7 days
Issue of Extracts of records
1. Receipt of Applications and acknowledgement : at the office then & there
2. Collection of fees : -do-
3. Grant of copies : 3 days
HELP US TO SERVE BETTER
1. Intimate any leakages or repairs in drinking water taps.
2. Use boiled water for drinking purposes. For other purposes utilize the well water available in the respective areas to the extent possible.
3. Avoid throwing garbage in the drains. Segregate the garbage as perishable and non-perishable items and hand it over to the sanitary workers.
4. Remove the building then and there from the public streets.
5. Maintain environmental hygiene by avoiding wastewater stagnation.
6. Report immediately the cases of cholera and other infectious diseases.
7. Don’t spit in public places and streets.
8. Avoid public nuisance in public places (urination and toilet)
9. Act on the advice of the doctors in getting medicines / Immunization to children.
10. Avoid consuming Vegetables, Greens, Fruits that are in perishable condition.
11. Avoid pollution in drinking water by preventing washing of cloths and taking bath in the Municipal Water Taps and water ponds.
12. Do not cause damage to public taps, pumps, streetlights, maintained by the municipality and other Govt. properties.
13. Report encroachments in public places that are likely to affect you.
14. Kindly remit the municipal taxes in time, such as property tax, professional tax, water charges, Lease Accounts and other fees if any and proper receipt without fail.
If there have been any delay in the above services it should be promptly intimated to the concerned
a. All applications will be received under due acknowledgements then and there when presented
b. Complaints and grievances about civic amenities proper reply will be sent within 30 days