The Perennial Kollidam River Located at Panchakarai in Trichy is the major source of water Supply for Thuvakudi Municipality.
Thuvakudi Municipality 80 way side Village and 18 other beneficiaries combined water supply scheme was maintained by TWAD. Daily average supply by TWAD is 3.00 MLD which was supplied through 4 no of OHT (28.50 Lakhs Litre Capacity)
For other uses, water is distributed at HDPE tanks by means of Mini power Pumps.
- Total Quantity of water supply per day is 3.00 MLD
- Out of total 8442 Property Tax assessments 3939 Water Connections have been provided.
- Total Length of distribution main is 35.12 km through the total length of road is 56.62 km.
- To provide protect drinking water to the public, water tested every month by TWAD is distributed.
- The level of Chlorine is 0.02 mg/l in the water distributed by the municipality.
- The average turbidity level of water is 0.06 NTU/JTU.