Tamil Nadu Government have ordered to issue a ‘CITIZEN’S CHARTER’ in order to make its functions transparent with responsible and friendly. The Government have ordered to directing the local bodies to frame such CITIZEN’S CHARTERS defining clear and basic principles. Thiruthani municipal Council is immensely please to present this CITIZEN’S CHARTER to the people of this town.
Aims of the Charter
- To render expeditious and Quality service
2. Fixing time schedule for rendering Civic Services
3. To improve the transparency and efficiency of administration.
For Efficient Administration
REPORT ON THE PUBLIC SERVICE OF THE MUNICIPALITY
Streamlining the local administration for the welfare of the people. The municipal council will adopt the following guidelines for implementation for the welfare of the people.
The municipal council will adopt the following guidelines for implementing its specified objective of civil services.
- i)Charging for its functions honestly and justify.
ii)Special attention will be bestowed in executing the works and in performing the services.
iii) Maintenance of punctuality and efficiency
Improved methods of planning, execution and maintenance in respect of the following items of essential Public Service.
- a)Drinking water
b)Public Health- Solid Waster Management
d) Drains and Drainage
e) Street Lighting
Stipulating time limits for prompt Discharge of Duties
i) Reply to letters within 15 days
ii) For various functions, the following time limits are prescribed for disposals of the issues.
A) House service connection
iii) Issue of Application; In the Information Center” immediately on demand.
iv) Receipt of filled up application with fees:
v) Acknowledgement for receipt of application : Immediately on submission
vi) If defective applications, reporting to the petitioner : 7 days
vii) Intimation to remit the estimated connection charges : 15 days
viii) Sanction order for House Service Connection and execution of work : 30 days (on Receipt of application)
- A) SPECIAL REQUESTS
- A) Drinking Water Supply through Lorry : within 24 hour on receipt of complaints of interruption of regular water supply.
B) Request for water supply through Lorry for marriage and other functions : 3 to 5 days before the date of function
1) Fire protection : 24 hours service
2) Repairs to House Service Connection : 7 days
3) Leakage or Repair in Main Pumping : Within 2 days
4) Complaints about pollution or unhygienic drinking water : 10 days
5) Repairs to 2 feet Indian Mark Tap and Tube well pumps : 7 days
6) Repairs to Public Taps : 2 days
7) Replacement of defective water supply meters : 15 days
- C) Rectification of Defects
- I)Repair or block in Main Drainage Pipe : 7 days
II)Repair in the huge drains connection of drainage : 3 days
- Septic Tank Clearance
1) To remit fees : In the Sevai maiyam”
2) To clear : 3 days.
MAINTENANCE OF ROADS AND PAVEMENTS
The complaints / petitions received by “Information Center” at the Municipal Office either through E-Mail or post will be attended to within specified time given below.
a) Filling up the small pot holes in roads : 10 days
- b)Small Patch Works : 30 days
c) Removal of encroachments obstructing the traffic : 10 days
d) Replacement of manhole covers : 3 days
e) Removal of debris of building materials by the house owner : 7 days
f) In case of failure by the house owner by the Municipality : 7 days
g) Decision of applications for road cutting : 7 days
G) STREET LIGHTS
- Replacing or Repairing bulbs / Tube Lights in the main roads : 2 day
- ii. In the interior streets : 3 days
- H) LICENESES UNDER PUBLIC HEALTH ACT.
New licenses in respect of trades of non-eatable items.
1) Issue of application: In the Information center
2) Receipts of application with fees : Then and there in the reception center.
3) Intimation of errors or defects of the application : 7 days
4) Verification of defects rectified and intimation to remit fees : 15 days
5) Issue of Licenses : 30 days.
I) RENEWAL OF LICENSES
1) Issue of Application : In Information centre.
2) Receipt of Application / or remittance of fees : In Information Centre
3) Issue of renewal orders : 45 days
J) PUBLIC HEALTH AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT
1) Complaints on cleaning of public places and roads : 2 days
2) Complaints about non-clearance of rubbish from dust bins : 1 day
3) Information about Cholera and other communicable diseases : within 24 hours.
K) BIRTH AND DEATH CERTIFICATES
1) Issue of certificates in respect of Births & Deaths being registered within 21 days : without fee
2) In respect of cases registered after 21 days and below 30 days : with penalty Rs.2
3) After a month and within a year with penalty : with penalty Re.5/-
4) beyond 1 year : with court orders and penalty Re.10/-
- L) ISSUE OF CERTIFICATES IN RESPECT OF CASES ALREADY REGISTERED
1) Issue of Applications : In Information centre
2) Remittance of fees : – do-
3) Issue of certificates after search : within 5 minutes
AA.GRANT OF BUILDING LICENSE
1) Issue of Applications and receipt of fees : Then and there in the “Information Centre”
2) Acknowledgement for the receipt of Applications : In Information Centre
3) If any error, intimation to the applications : 7 days
4) Issue of Building License : 30 days
AB.PERMISSION FOR ADVERTISEMENT BOARDS AND HOARDINGS
1) Issue of forms, receipts of Application and fees : Nil
2) Acknowledgement for the receipt of Application : Nil
3) Issue of temporary permission : Nil
4) Intimation about errors if any : Nil
5) After erection of boards receipts of forms and fees collection : Nil
6) Issue of acknowledgement : Nil
7) Issue of final permission : Nil