PROCEDURE FOR AVAILING VARIOUS SERVICES, OBTAINING LICENCES FROM THE MUNICIPALITY INCLUDING THE FEES IF ANY, TO BE REMITTED
WATER SUPPLY CONNECTION
|Details||Time Schedule/ response|
(Subject to availability of sanctioned strength of HSC s )
a) Issue of application for new water supply house service connection
|At the Information Centre on all working days on the spot.|
|b) Receipt of filled applications with fees||At the information centre on all working days|
|c) Issue of acknowledgement||On the spot|
|d) Intimation to the applicant on rectification of defects noticed in the application||Within one week|
|e) After rectification of defects, issue of notice / chalan for remittance of fees for water supply connection||15 days.|
|f) Effecting Water Supply House service connection||30 Days from the receipt of application|
|II Complaints / Defects:
1. Replacement of defective meter.
|Within 24 Hours|
|2. Rectification of pollution in drinking water supply||Within 24 Hours|
|3. Arresting of Leakage of water in the mains||Within 24 Hours|
|4. Minor repairs||2 Days|
|5. Major repairs||3 Days|
|6. Repairs to hand pumps||3 Days|
|7. Repairs to public fountain||2 Days|
|8. Repairs to India Mark 2 pumps/ Bore Wells||7 Days|
|9. Deficiency in chlorinating||24 Hours|
|10. For prevention of Fire||At once|
|III Special Demand:
1. Supply of water through lorry Tanker
|Within 24 hours, if piped water supply is interrupted|
|2. Supply of water through lorry for Marriage / Festival||One day prior the function|
- Every assessed should be given details in the self-assessment return for fixation of new assessments and improvement of existing buildings. After receipt of the above self-return revenue official assess the Property tax on the basis of the details given in the self-assessment return.
- New Professional tax is assessing on the submission of half year income return filled by the traders. Every half year demand notice for Property tax and Profession tax is serving in April and October month to assesses. Tax should be paid within fifteen days after receipt of demand notice at computerized collection center.
- After purchase of concerned building purchaser should submit original purchase document to revenue inspection or revenue assistant for verification of Xerox copies. Then the true copy of document and transfer application handed over at information center.
Response time for service / Grievance redressal
|S l. No||Details||Time Schedule|
|A||Assessment of Property Tax:|
|1.||Information regarding the assessment of Property Tex||At information Centre on the spot|
|2.||Issue of acknowledgement for self assessment return||At information Centre on the spot|
|3.||Application for inclusion in the assessment register||At information centre on the spot|
|4.||Assessment Order for new and improvement to the existing Building||15 Days|
|Issue of form / acknowledgment.||At information Centre on the spot|
|Issue of Orders||15 days|
|(a)||Issue of Certified Copies|
|1||Receipt of Forms and issue of acknowledgment||On the spot at informant counter|
|2||Receipt of fees||At information centre on the spot|
|3||Issue of copies||7 Days|
|b)||Settling tax complaints||15 Days|
|(Note: If any facility had been made on line the information may be furnished here suitably altering the details and time schedule|
|c)||Vacancy remission||30 Days|
PAYMENT OF TAX, FEES
Taxes: All Taxes can be paid through the Facilitation Counter, office collection counter. The Tax can be paid either by cash or Demand draft drawn in favor of the Commissioner, Rameswaram Municipality payable at, Rameswaram.
Fees: Rameswaram Municipality collects fees for various services rendered by the municipality. The fees (rates) presently levied by the municipality shown in the citizen charter.
These fees can be remitted at the office counter.
ALL LICENCES INCLUDING TRADE, BUILDING LICENCES
OTHER TRADES LICENSING:
The Traders to get the License from the Municipality for running the Dangerous and Offensive Trades.
The Sanitary Inspector, Sanitary Officer and Commissioner of Municipality is responsible for issue the license.
- To inspect each and every trade to fix license fee and also issue the license.
- Every trade verified thoroughly and then issue the license (or) renewed the license.
- Strictly instructed the Traders to avoid inconvenient to the public when running the trades.
- To collect the belated from the Trades which are not remitted the Fixed rate of license fee.
TOWN PLANNING - BUILDING LICENCE
Functions / Services
- The permission is given by the Local Planning Authority for the new building construction, Roof conversion, and additional constructions.
- After obtaining the prior approval of Deputy Director of Town and Country Planning, Dharmapuri / Director of Town and Country Planning Chennai. The permission is given by the Local Planning Authority for this item of layouts and sites.
- Actions are taken, against to the unauthorized constructions, violation and deviations of building and encroachments and unauthorized installations.
- Master plan and detailed development plans are prepared and sanctioned by the Deputy Director and Director of Town & Country Planning and also than plans are implemented and executed by the Local Planning Authority of this town.
- After the approval of Local Planning Authority, the license is issued for installations.
The Town Planning Inspector is entrusted with the responsibility of Town Planning activities. The branch looks after regulation of building activities / layout and other planning permissions. The planning permission is granted by Local Planning Authority headed and the Building permission is granted by the commissioner.
Approval of Building Plan and issue of Building License
|SI. No||Details||Time Schedule|
|1||Issue of application forms / Remittance of fees||At the Information Centre on all working days – at once|
|2||Issue of acknowledgement||At the information centre – at once|
|3||Intimation to the applicant on rectification of defects noticed in the application||10 Days|
|4||Suggestions to the applicant for rectification of defects||10 Days|
|5||After rectification of defects, issue of notice / challan for remittance of fees for building licenses||10 Days|
|6||Issue of Building License:
Application for renewal of building license
|At Information Centre – at once|
|7||Renewal of building license||7 Days|
|8||License to Licensed Surveyors||7 Days|
|9||Removal of encroachment in
Roads and municipal properties
|10||Issue of survey extracts||7 Days|
REPAIRS TO VARIOUS SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE MUNICIPALITY
SOLID AND LIQUID WASTE REMOVAL
WATER SUPPLY FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS
RESERVATION FOR TRAVELER'S BUNGALOW, KALYANA MANDAPAM AND OTHER SIMILAR SERVICES
BIRTH AND DEATH REGISTRATION AND ISSUED OF EXTRACT
- Birth & Death events occurred in Municipal area should be registered within 21 days to the concern birth and death registration units.
- Child name should be registered with in a year by the parents only
- Delayed registration of Birth & Death will be registered with the penalty of Rs.2/- for with in 30 days and Rs.5/- for with in a year.
- After a year the events may be Registered with the order of the Judicial Magistrate with penalty of Rs.10/-
- In municipality from 1990 onwards the events are documented at computer
- Extracts are prepared in the computed and issued through the Information Centre.
- Nick name (or) alias name should not given during registration of Birth & Death
- To insist the private practitioner to give the information of Birth & Death to the Register as early as possible
- Do not insist on recoding cause of death in extract for death certificate
- Birth & Death should be registered in the occurrence place only
- The extract can be received by the person or in mail with the correct authorization.
|Details||Rate of fees (Fill up this column for all items)||Time Schedule|
|Registration of Birth
From the Date of Birth
1. Within 21 days
|No Fees||At once|
|2. up to 30 days||R s. 2/-||At once|
|3. From 30 days up to 1 year||R s. 5/-||3 days|
|4. More than 1 year (with court order)||R s. 10/-||7 days|
|I. Registration of child’s
Name in the Birth Register
|1. From the date of Birth up to 1 year||No Fees||At once|
|2. More than 1 year||R s. 2/-||3 days|
|II. Registration of Death From the date of death.
within 21 days
|No Fees||At once|
|1. up to 30 days up to one year||R s. 2/-||At once|
|2. From 30 days up to one||Rs. 5/-||3 days|
|4. More the 1 year (with
|III . Birth / Death Certificates
Remittance of fees for First copy
|Rs. 10/-||3 days|
|Additional copy / each additional copy||Rs. 5/-||3 days|