The existing status of roads in this town are:
Municpal roads are planned, executed and maintained by the Engineering wing of local body. At present the total length of municpal road is 68.56 Km of which 91% of roads are Bitum inous Topped (BT) and Cement Concrete roads and remaining 9% are Water Bound Macadam (WBM) roads. The extended areas and newly developed areas need up-gradatiion of roads from WBM to BT surface with road widening. The details of roads in the Municipality are shown as in
ROAD LENGTH ACCORDING TO THE AGENCY AND SURFACE TYPE
|Surface type||Urban Local||State High||Total length|
|Road density (Km/Sq.Km)||10.32|
|Surface road density (Km/Sq.Km)||9.42|
|Unsurfaced road density (Km/Sq.Km)||0.90|
The road density of town area is 10.32 Km/Sq.Km of which the surface road density shares 9.42Km/Sq.Km leaving the rest of the roads under un-surface condition. The present condition of maintenance is not appreciable due to lack of funds available with ULB.