The Engineering Department is responsible for all public works, and maintenance of civic facilities. The department is responsible for
- Public works (Construction and maintenance of roads and storm water drains)
- Maintenance of Municipal Buildings
- Construction and Maintenance of Public Conveniences
- Maintenance of other facilities viz, Bus stand, Markets, etc.
- Street Lighting (Power and Maintenance of Street Lights.)
- Water Supply and Sewerage (Provision, Operation & Maintenance of Water
- supply and sewerage system)
- Parks and Gardens (Maintenance of parks and gardens)
The Engineering department coordinates with Tamil Nadu Water Supply and Drainage Board (TWAD) and other state government agencies to implement water supply and other developmental works. The department is responsible for ensuring the quality of works and their timely completion.
The Municipal Engineer heads the Engineering Department and is assisted by Assistant Engineer and other staff. The department has Asst. Engineer, Draughtsman, Work Inspector and others to carry out the administrative works.
|11||Vacant||Electrician Grade II|
|12||Vacant||Electrician Grade II|
|13||Vacant||Electrician Grade II|
|14||M. Panneer Selvam||Fitter|
|25||M. Balakrishnan||Wireman Helper|
|27||K. Venugopal||Wireman Helper|
|28||S. Ramakrishnan||Wireman Helper|