நகராட்சி அலுவலகம் - காரைக்குடி
RAMASAMY LAYOUT PARK - KARAIKUDI
நுண்உரம் செயலாக்க மையம்-காரைக்குடி
Karaikudi was constituted on 09-05-1928 and subsequently upgraded as Selection Grade Municipality from 14-12-1988.
Now the municipality is upgraded as special grade municipality as per G.O.Ms.No. 74 (MAWS) dated 28.5.2013
It has a population of 86,422 (2001 census), 106714 as per 2011 census and an extent of 13.75 Sq. Km., The town is divided into 36 wards.
The executive wing is headed by a Commissioner and he is assisted by a team of officials like Health Officer, Municipal Engineer, Town Planning Officer, Manager, Revenue Inspector and other officers.
Karaikudi has been declared as “Heritage town”. The “Sambai Oothu” is a gift to the Municipality which gives plenty of water to this town. Karaikudi is also an educational town.
75வது ஆண்டு சுதந்திர தினம் கொண்டாட்டம்
LOCAL BODY ELECTION-2022
Reservation of Wards Gazette Notification
Councillors Reservation of Wards
Result -Local Body Election -2022
Novel Corona Virus [COVID 19]
விழித்திரு, விலகியிரு, வீட்டிலேயே இரு
Novel Corona virus disease ( COVID-19 ) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered corona virus. Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
Control Room Help Line : 04565-238201
Karaikudi Municipality is providing the following Corona Preventive Activities on COVID 19
- Creating adequate awareness among the citizens in Karaikudi via Banners, Placards, Media, Vehicle announcements to take preventive measures against COVID 19.
- Continuous monitoring of Corona control activities of all 1416 streets.
- Conducting regular review meetings then and there by adopting social distancing.
- Helpline Control Room facilities available 24×7.
- Disinfection activities done through Hand sprayers, Vehicle Mounted Sprayers, Mist Blowers and Other Vehicles on regular basis in all worship places, Public places, Government Hospitals and other public buildings.
- Maintaining Social Distance in Markets, Grocery shops and Other Areas.
- Free food is distributed in all Amma Ungavagam and also other needful areas.
- Do wear a cloth covering on your face at all times when you are not at home.
- Do wash your hands before you wear your mask. Only touch the ear loops.
- Do practice good hand hygiene and wash your hands frequently.
- Do cover your cough or sneeze. The best way to cough or sneeze is into your elbow and not your hands.
- Do work from home. Do leave your home only for essential reasons, such as buying food or medication purposes.
- Do move away from others who cough or sneeze.
- Do wear a face mask and gloves if you are caring for a family someone who has tested positive for COVID 19.
- Do participate in “social distancing” to blunt the spread of the virus.
- Do self-quarantine yourself for 14 days if you come into contact with someone who tests positive for corona virus.
- Don’t just tie a scarf around your face as that can be loose fitting and need more adjustment. Use a cloth covering that is more tight-fitting.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, mouth or face without washing your hands.
- Don’t interact with your pets if you think you may have symptoms concerning for COVID 19.
- Don’t treat “social distancing” like a “vacation”.
- Don’t share utensils or drinking glasses with others, including family members.
- Don’t shake hands or give hugs as greetings. Use an alternative greeting that maintains 6-8 feet of distance.
- Don’t visit your older relatives or community members, as they are the highest risk group.
- Don’t go to public places like gyms, theatres, restaurants, saloon and beauty parlours
- Consume foods which could increase immunity level.
- Don’t be panic over COVID 19 as excess fear and stress will decrease the immunity in our body
Gasifier Crematorium Burial Ground details
Phone Office :04565-238133