Municipal Office - Devakottai
Alagappa Oorani Park - Devakottai
Thiyagigal park - Devakottai
For booking grievance: Click here
Devakottai is the principal residence of Nattukkottai chettiars, they came from Koviripoom Pattinam in Nagapattinam district before few centuries ago. Near Koviripoom Pattinam there is a place called Devakottai and the immigrants named this place also as “Devakottai” in remembrance of descendant and their nativity.
Devakottai Municipality was constituted in the year 1937 as per Local Self Government G.O.No.4698, dated 27.10.1936 and upgraded as 2nd Grade Municipality 28.10.1978 as per Rural Development & Local Self Government G.O.No.1677, dated 28.10.1978. subsequently upgraded as 1st Grade Municipality from 1998 as per Municipal Administration & Water Supply Department G.O.Ms.No.85, dated 22.05.1998.
It has a population of 51892 (2011 census) and extent of 12.42 sq.km. The town is divided into 27 wards.
Total No. of Streets : 368
No. of Slums : 14
No. of Slums Households : 852
Slum Population : 8130
Below Poverty Line List : 4623
371/156, Thiruppathur Road
Pincode : 630302
Phone: STD Code : 04561
Commissioner : 272298
Office : 272282
Computer Section: 290293
Novel Corona Virus [COVID 19]
விழித்திரு, விலகியிரு, வீட்டிலேயே இரு
Novel Coronavirus disease ( COVID-19 ) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
Control Room Help Line : 04561-272282
Devakottai Municipality is providing the following Corona Preventive Activities on COVID 19
- Creating adequate awareness among the citizens in Devakottai via Banners, Placards, Media, Vehicle announcements to take preventive measures against COVID 19.
- Continuous monitoring of Corona control activities of all 455 streets.
- Conducting regular review meetings then and there by adopting social distancing.
- Helpline Control Room facilities available 24×7.
- Disinfection activities done through Hand sprayers, Vehicle Mounted Sprayers, Mist Blowers and Other Vehicles on regular basis in all worship places, Public places, Government Hospitals and other public buildings.
- Maintaining Social Distance in Markets, Grocery shops and Other Areas.
- Free food is distributed in all Amma Ungavagam and also other needful areas.
- Do wear a cloth covering on your face at all times when you are not at home.
- Do wash your hands before you wear your mask. Only touch the ear loops.
- Do practice good hand hygiene and wash your hands frequently.
- Do cover your cough or sneeze. The best way to cough or sneeze is into your elbow and not your hands.
- Do work from home. Do leave your home only for essential reasons, such as buying food or medication purposes.
- Do move away from others who cough or sneeze.
- Do wear a face mask and gloves if you are caring for a family someone who has tested positive for COVID 19.
- Do participate in “social distancing” to blunt the spread of the virus.
- Do self-quarantine yourself for 14 days if you come into contact with someone who tests positive for corona virus.
- Don’t just tie a scarf around your face as that can be loose fitting and need more adjustment. Use a cloth covering that is more tight-fitting.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, mouth or face without washing your hands.
- Don’t interact with your pets if you think you may have symptoms concerning for COVID 19.
- Don’t treat “social distancing” like a “vacation”.
- Don’t share utensils or drinking glasses with others, including family members.
- Don’t shake hands or give hugs as greetings. Use an alternative greeting that maintains 6-8 feet of distance.
- Don’t visit your older relatives or community members, as they are the highest risk group.
- Don’t go to public places like gyms, theatres, restaurants, saloon and beauty parlours
- Consume foods which could increase immunity level.
- Don’t be panic over COVID 19 as excess fear and stress will decrease the immunity in our body.
The new website https://tnurbanepay.tn.gov.in has been created by incorporating All municipalities and Corporations across Tamilnadu, except Chennai by providing facilities pay tax for asset, drinking water, housing, sewerage and lease categories, and providing birth certificates on-line.
Municipality at a Glance
District : Sivagangai
Region : Madurai Region
State : TamilNadu
Total : 12.42 Sq.Kms
Total : 51892
Male : 26164
Female : 25728